On Monday, December 16th, the paved roads in La Canada Desert Homes I (including the two loops along Corpino de Pecho) will be swept in order to allow us to see the cracks which need to be filled this winter. Please park any and all vehices off the paved road way, in your drive way.
The chips which are swept up will be put in piles in three areas in our neihborhood.
- northeast of the circle, at the foot of Paseo Bosillo,
- on the edge of the Utility road between Corpino de Pecho and Paseo Felice and
- north of the gravel alley way, between the head of Paseo Felice and the end of Placita Tesoro.
The sweeping should begin about 8:30 am and will take five to six hours.
Your help is appreciated. Thank you, Jon Otto – Chair of the Roads Committee
Our December Newsletter reported on the Totems now featured at The Resting Place. Unfortunately, the editor missed an email from coordinator Arliene Stremming which contained two excellent photos of the proud crew. Here they are!
We appreciate the work of artists Arliene Stremming, Brenda Eddy, Jackie Herning, Clara Rejda, Sheryal Atkins and Marlene Sampsel. And of course, thanks to installer Dave Faldalen.
At the LCDH1 Board Meeting on December 2nd, Jon Otto presented a detailed overview of his committee’s ‘go forward’ recommendations. The report was well received and, as mentioned in the Newsletter, the Board approved the initial steps of commercial sweeping and crack sealing over the next 2-3 months.
This post gives you access to the entire report, including:
- assessment of the condition of our roads
- our cash position – showing that we have indeed saved the funds required for the major work that is done every 10 years or so (next is 2021)
- long term additional savings required for 2033
- comparison of the two surfacing options (double chip seal OR poly chip)
- detailed next steps.
Click here to see the entire report: LCDHI_RoadsRecommendation-2019-12-02
Great Work! Thank you Jon!!!